Have a minute? Check out this video to see some vegan statistics.
If you choose to be vegan you are choosing to live a more sustainable life because you are saving water, soil, and energy.
- Livestock uses more fresh water than just about anything else and livestock is one of the largest polluters of fresh water.
- To raise a pound of beef it take 100 to 200 times more water than to produce a pound of fruits or vegetables.
- Livestock also erode and weaken soil often due to human deforestation.
- Raising diverse plants instead can make the land more resilient and nourish the soil thus lowering climate change effects.
- Livestock use a lot of energy to raise from feeding, slaughter, refrigeration.
- Plant based proteins can be raised with 8 times less energy cost than meat-based proteins.